[R] procrustes results affected by order of sites in input file

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 10:58:04 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:19 -0600, Christine Dolph wrote:
> Hi, Thanks very much for your response.

Thanks Christy,

Apologies if I sounded off-hand or dismissive yesterday. It was a busy
day, and as your mail lacked a reproducible example nor the code you
ran, I wanted to deal with the low-hanging fruit before spending time
looking at the issue.

I am currently running a simulation on one of the in-built datasets to
see if I can replicate your findings.

Jari has mentioned, privately, that isoMDS() can be order dependent if
there are ties in the dissimilarities. What, if anything, this has to do
with the protest issue you report is not clear, hence the simulation I
am running.

I will report back later when the simulation has finished... which could
be some time if I continued to code bone-headedly this morning!

Finally, thanks for raising this issue with us.

All the best,

--