[R] How can I change the longitude scale on the plotMap() PBSmapping package

Fabio Caltabellotta fabioblueshark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:15:50 CET 2010

Dear R-helpers,

I am using the package PBSmapping and I have a question on the fuction plotMap:

How can I change the longitude scale on data(worldLLhigh)? I changed
the coordinates of ylim () and xlim () on the function plotMap to plot
my study area. I would like to plot the Brazilian coastline that goes
from the latitude -26.0°S to -21.0°S and longitude from -48.0°W to
-45.0°W. However how can I change the scale value of xlim ranging from
312.0 to 315.0 for the scale of longitude 48.0W-and-45.0W to the same
area?. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

--
Fabio Prior Caltabellotta, M.Sc.
Doutorando em Zoologia - Campus Botucatu