[R] Package install error: _intel_fast_memcpy

r-help.20.trevva at spamgourmet.com r-help.20.trevva at spamgourmet.com
Tue Dec 7 16:15:26 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to install the "ncdf" package on my Ubuntu 8.04 (Karmic)
box in the basement. I have installed the most recent distribution of
R, 2.12.0 without too many problems. However, when it comes to install
the "ncdf" netcdf package, I unfortunately get the following error:

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
 unable to load shared object
'/home/mpa/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.12/ncdf/libs/ncdf.so':
 /home/mpa/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.12/ncdf/libs/ncdf.so:
undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memcpy

I also get a similar error when trying to install the "ncdf4" package.

I have tried to find the meaning of the error, but I can't find
anything - I'm assuming that its a dependency problem. Can anyone help
me out here please?

Best wishes,

Mark