[R] Error in eval.with.vis(expr, envir, enclos) : subscript out of bounds

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:04:57 CET 2010

A good time to learn how to debug R scripts.  There are several
references and you might start with the 'debug' package and setting

options(error=utils::recover)

so that when the error occurs, you get placed in the 'browser' and can
look around to see what the problem is.  I would assume that you do
not have objects setup correctly for the second pass, but the
information you have provided is insufficient since there is not a
reproducible example.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Joonas - as_trix85
<ast_rix85 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a for-loop in my code that calls another .R file:
> source("estimation.R")
>
> This file runs through without any problems, so the program completes the loop one time. However, when the loop starts a second time and it comes time to call the file "estimation.R" again, program stops and prints the following error message:
> "Error in eval.with.vis(expr, envir, enclos) : subscript out of bounds"
>
> This happens every time I try to run the program. What could cause it?

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru