[R] Plotting 3d surfaces

Uwe Wolfram uwwo at in-chemnitz.de
Thu Dec 9 17:20:03 CET 2010

Dear Subscribers,

I am using R for quite a while nowadays on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I a using R
for doing my statistics. Furthermore I am using it as a tool to generate
the graphics for my publications.

I am currently working on a project which involves nls-fits of three
dimensional surfaces such as ellipsoids or even more complex. I have
been searching R help and the manuals for a possibility to plot these
surfaces. Is there any package in R that allows plotting something like
this:

http://uwwo.in-chemnitz.de/R-Problem/tsai-wu-principal-strain.pdf

This plot was generated using Mathematicas ContourPlot3D function. I
would love to be able to plot this in R. However, I could not find
something which could this.

Thanks a million for the help!

Uwe
--