[R] RES: Barplot with "Independent" Lines Y axis

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 10 01:20:57 CET 2010

On 2010-12-09 14:22, Rodrigo Aluizio wrote:
> Oh sorry. An example say lots more than words. The data below, when
> submitted to twoord.plot return the mentioned error. Rain are bars and Salt
> lines, the bars appear and the error occurs with the salt data.

If you get an error complaining about needing finite ylim values,
then why not supply them?
This worked for me (after fixing your data which contains
several commas where decimal points are needed) and calling
the data frame 'd':

  with(d,
     twoord.plot(
       lx=1:14, ly=Rain, rx=1:14, ry=Salt,
       lylim=c(0,450), rylim=c(0,20),
       type=c('bar','b')))

(I had to use with(), because the 'data' argument
in twoord.plot seems not to function as intended.)

I have no idea why anyone would want to use a barplot
for the Rain data, but ...

The above should not be taken as an endorsement of
the production of abominable plots (to which, however,
I am becoming inured).

Peter Ehlers