[R] ReadWrite.xls problem

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:12:33 CET 2010

On Dec 8, 2010, at 15:52 , tkdweber wrote:

> Dear community,
>
> I have now taken my R-file from lectures and intend to use it at home, but
> have a problem
> reading the Data from the file. I have installed and loaded the Package
> xlsReadWrite so far.

xlsReadWrite is a contributed package with a complicated installation procedure. It has a maintainer and a website. Offhand I would guess that you haven't downloaded the proprietary DLL that goes with it, and maybe that the placeholder DLL has not been updated when the number of arguments was changed.

Is there any good reason not to just use the save/load mechanism?