[R] Compare one level of a factor with *all* other non-missing levels

deriK2000 derik2000 at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 10 12:24:33 CET 2010

Dear list,

I try to compare the mean of a variable given a value of a factor with the
mean of the same variable for all K-1 other non-missing values of this
factor. This procedure I want to repeat for each level of the factor.

Having read the recommendations of this list I want to avoid creating K-1
dummy variables and searched for options of the pairwise.t.test. But
couldn't find a solution. Anyone with a suggestion how to do the
comparisions?

Cheers,

Derik