[R] New Installs, Same Trouble Loading doBy and coin Packages

Adam Carr adamlcarr at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 12:43:18 CET 2010

I tried Tal's suggestion of deleting the doBy and coin packages and then
reinstalling them from a different mirror. The first install was from the
Harvard mirror and the second was from the Case Western Univ. mirror. The new
packages generate the same errors when I call them using the library() command.

Also, I tried to load these packages using R and its script editor thinking that
the problem may have something to do with Tinn-R, but the same errors are
generated on the R terminal when I use the library() function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Again, the errors for these two packages:

Error in length(label) : could not find function ".extendsForS3"
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'doBy'

> library(coin)
this package. AC
Error in length(sig) : could not find function ".extendsForS3"
Error: package 'stats4' could not be loaded