[R] Remove 100 years from a date object

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 16:27:53 CET 2010

Hello,

I have some data that has dates in the form 27.02.37.  I convert them to
a date object as follows:
as.Date(data$date,format="%d.%m.%y")

But this gives me years such as 2037 when I would like them to be 1937.
 I thought of trying to take off some time i.e.
as.Date(camCD$DoB,format="%d.%m.%y") - 100*365
But that doesn't seem to work out correctly.  Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

Dan
Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}