[R] Can't install Sweave

Rainer Schuermann Rainer.Schuermann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 11 14:07:02 CET 2010

Hi there!

I tried to work with Sweave, assuming that it is part of the standard installation - which it was not for my system. Trying to install, it gives me this error message:

> install.packages("Sweave")
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘Sweave’ is not available

My system data are:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
 [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
 [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  grid      methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] reshape_0.8.3 plyr_1.2.1    proto_0.3-8

[1] ggplot2_0.8.8

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks a lot,
Rainer