[R] Tukey HSD not working

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Mon Dec 13 17:24:24 CET 2010

On 2010-12-13 07:29, PGZC wrote:

>   TukeyHSD(fit)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class "lm"
>> TukeyHSD(anova)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class
> "function"
>> TukeyHSD(group)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class
> "c('integer', 'numeric')"
>> TukeyHSD(y)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class
> "c('double', 'numeric')"
>> TukeyHSD(data)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class
> "data.frame"
>> TukeyHSD(summary)
> Error in UseMethod("TukeyHSD") :
>    no applicable method for 'TukeyHSD' applied to an object of class
> "function"

Okay, the basic problem appears to be that
you know nothing about how to use R. Rather
than take a scattergun approach and throw
anything you can think of at the poor TukeyHSD
function, why not take the time to work your
way through 'An Introduction to R'? Or one
of the many intro documents found on the web.

(Normally, I would advise a careful reading
of the help page and liberal use of the str()
function, but it seems that your needs are more
basic.)

Peter Ehlers