[R] How to ignore data

Steve Sidney sbsidney at mweb.co.za
Mon Dec 13 18:58:18 CET 2010

Thanks for the comments

Please see my reply to Stavros - the counts represent organisms and btw
both mean and the median are virtually unaffected by the removal of
these valuse.

Furthermore, experience rather than statistics indicates that these
values are in fact gross errors and as you of course mention I think one
can quite safely remove them.

I totally agree about the question of what is an outlier but since these
results are obtained from a Proficiency Testing programme, we are pretty
sure what the aniticpated results. At least the range and in this case
these values are considered errors.

Steve