[R] Does a formula object have a "left hand side"

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Dec 13 21:26:49 CET 2010

attr(terms(formula), "response") is 1 if
the formula has a left hand side and 0
otherwise.

At a lower level, you can look at
length(formula): 2 means there is no LHS,
3 means there is (any other value indicates
that someone made a call object that the
parser would not make).

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com