[R] multivariate multi regression

Bastiaan Bergman Bastiaan.Bergman at wdc.com
Tue Dec 14 03:21:36 CET 2010

That doesn't work, one would get two different answers depending on the
order of execution.

The physics is: Overlay error on a Silicon wafer. One wafer has many flash
fields, each flash field has multiple locations where the overlay error is
measured (as: dX,dY offset). If one contemplates that the error is caused by
a rotation of the flash field then we can say (dX,dY)=(-Y,X)*RotAngle. If in
addition we have a scaling error: (dX,dY)=(X*XScale,Y*YScale) than the total
model is:
dX~X*XScale-Y*RotAngle
dY~Y*YScale+X*RotAngle

Now I want to find the values for XScale, YScale and RotAngle
Length(dX)==length(dY)==length(X)==length(Y)==number of measured sites on a
wafer

Hope this clarifies...