[R] tcltk error compiling R 2.13.0 under Windows 7 x64

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 07:47:37 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Peter Langfelder
<peter.langfelder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just in case no one knowledgeable answers, here's my shot in the dark

I switch between Windows and Linux so I'm always in the dark ;)

> (I'm mostly a linux user)... the compiler is looking for .h files in
> the directories listed in the --I options to gcc, which seems to be

Many thanks; I am not familiar with gcc and did not realize that was
the directory it was looking for Tcl in.  Knowing that I just created
a copy there and everything seems to be working.  All the stuff that
normally builds of Tcl/Tk also built now, which I'm sure my future
self will be grateful for.  I think, perhaps, I was meant to unpack
the tarball in the R64 directory Rtools created.

Thanks again,

Josh