[R] Installing R-packages in Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Dec 14 18:31:12 CET 2010

Or in short, type

  install.packages("car")

within R.

Note that you won't get new versions of car for the outdated version of
R. Note also that your zip file might not fit to the R version you are
using.

Hence recommendation is to upgrade to R-2.12.0 patched (or 2.12.1 which
will be released this Thursday) and run install.packages() after the
upgrade.

Uwe Ligges