[R] Discriminant Correspondence Analysis

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 23:13:04 CET 2010

Wayne,

>> I don't know how to assign a name for the df, or what to put for "fac",
>> and what is worse,
>> I get an error message saying that the program cannot find the
>> "discrimin.coa" command.

Before you can use a package you have downloaded you need to "activate" it.
There are different ways of doing this. Simplest is to type library(ade4).

##
library(ade4)
?discrimin.coa

Follow Bastiaan and read in your file as follows (single forward slashes
also work):

## See ?read.csv as you may need to change some switches
MyFile <- read.csv("C:\\Documents and Settings\\USER\\My
Documents\\MyFile.csv")
str(MyFile)

Without data it is difficult to help you further, but your general call to
discrimin.coa is

## This may or may not work; depends what's in MyFile
T.discrimin <- discrimin.coa(MyFile, fac = someFacInMyFile, scann=F, nf=4)
T.discrimin
plot(T.discrimin)

Regards, Mark.