[R] Significance Help

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 03:28:05 CET 2010

Hello Samaire,

I don't know much about eyesight measurements (other than that my own
would probably be 0.1, 0.2) but I'll attempt some suggestions...

For objective (1) you will have to define what you mean by
significantly different. If you had data on left/right values from a
larger population to use as a standard you could then compare each
subject's left - right difference to the population.

For objective (2), it would be better if you had forced them to throw
the ball more than 3 times !

Anyway, something like this to start with...

glm( hoops ~ lr.diff, family="binomial" )

where hoops is a two column matrix with number of successful throws in
col 1 and number of misses in col 2; lr.diff is absolute value of left
- right value.

Hope this helps.

Michael