[R] How to save & play back an entire R session?

Rob Goedman robjgoedman at me.com
Thu Dec 16 17:28:23 CET 2010

Roy,

In addition to previous responses, another way of achieving this is to only work from scripts. I rarely type anything directly into R, just edit scripts in an editor and then execute the entire script (or parts of the script) from within the editor.

This way of working provides backup, e.g. if something goes wrong in R. Typing directly into the R session is still useful to quickly try something or help questions.

Regards,
Rob