[R] pdf package help files

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sun Dec 19 00:23:30 CET 2010

Hi, Joel:

       Thanks.  That doubtless was what Duncan meant.  "help.start()" ->
Reference:  Packages provides access to HTML versions of all the help
pages from all the packages.

       However, it does NOT provide access to the PDF version of the
help pages for a package.  For that, you need to go to CRAN or run "R
CMD Rd2dvi --pdf foo", as Duncan suggested.  And for the latter to work,
you need to source for the package, which you can get from CRAN for CRAN
packages.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer