[R] How to optimize function parameters?

Jonathan P Daily jdaily at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 20 16:51:09 CET 2010

Without an example, I'm not sure how much help I can be. Does your
Variogram calculation return a single value that could be minimized? Or
could it be coerced to be so?

I would suggest, if you haven't done so, a look at ?nlm and ?nlminb.
Alternatively, the CRAN package 'optimx' serves as a wrapper to many
optimization algorithms and offers methods to compare them side-by-side.

Good luck,
Jon
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly