[R] Metafor package

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Mon Dec 20 21:24:25 CET 2010

Dear Mario,

1) Whether to use 1/2* or not is arbitary. It's just a multiplicative constant.

2) vi <- 1/(4*ni + 2)

If one leave off the 1/2* part, then it would be vi <- 1/(ni + 1/2).

3) Yes, but it takes a bit more work. Fortunately, the same issue was raised not very long ago, so the following post should essentially answer your question:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-December/263286.html

Best,

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology