[R] R Code and the Pygments Python SyntaxHighlighter

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:54:45 CET 2010

(reviving from the grave)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Hans W. Borchers <hwborchers at gmail.com> wrote:
> is someone going to write a R/S language lexer for the Pygments Python syntax
> highlighter <http://pygments.org/>? As it is used now by Trac, Django, or the
> Python documentation tool Sphinx, the R community can apply it in Python-based
> Wikis like Moinmoin and others.

I was once again [0] looking for some solution to automatic syntax
highlighting (or input/output colouring) in a bare bones R terminal
and I've stumbled on both Pygments and this thread. Current Pygemnts
fancies [1] support for both S and R.

Is anyone aware of any progress in this direction? Perhaps some R
interface to Pygments? Regards
Liviu

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@r-project.org/msg86512.html
[1] http://pygments.org/languages/