[R] Matching 2 SQL tables

mathijsdevaan mathijsdevaan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:05:47 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a postgresql and a mysql database and I would like to combine the
info from two different tables in R. Both databases contain a table with
three columns: project_name, release_id and release_date. So each project
output could be released multiple times (I am interested in the first
release_date). However, some of the data is missing. Basically, what I want
to do is to try and fill the missing data in 1 table with the data from the
other table. The difficulty here is that table1$project_name IS NOT
table2$project_name. Example: green-tree and green tree, new(Jacket) and
newJacket. Could you please help me?

Thanks!

Mathijs