[R] python-like dictionary for R

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Dec 23 04:05:40 CET 2010

On 12/22/2010 05:49 PM, Paul Rigor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has played around this this package called
> "rdict"? It attempts to implement a hash table in R using skip lists. Just
> came across it while trying to look for simpler text manipulation methods:
>
> http://userprimary.net/posts/2010/05/29/rdict-skip-list-hash-table-for-R/

kind of an odd question, so kind of an odd answer.

I'd say this was an implementation of skip lists in C with an R
interface. An example of a data structure implementation in R is
Matloff's binary tree

  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e12/help/10/10/0519.html

which is perhaps more helpful for understanding the opportunities and
limitations of the R language per se.

Martin