[R] R2WinBugs data import error

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 14:24:04 CET 2010

On Dec 26, 2010, at 12:44 AM, unsown wrote:

> For some purpose, I  need to transfer a NAs array to WinBugs through
> R2WinBugs, But I constantly got an error message:"'type' must be
> "real" for
> this format". Here is my data to transfer:
>
> x = matrix(data=NA,nrow=3,ncol=3)

str(x)
It is of mode "logical".

Try instead:
x = matrix(vector(mode="numeric",0) ,nrow=3,ncol=3)

> x =  as.array(x)
> data <- list ("x")

Why are you making a list with a single character element? If you need
to pass the matricx you just created in a list then try (and don't use
"data" as the name :

dat <- list(x)

> if I add a line to above setting, then I can pass R2WinBugs:
>
> x[1,1] = 0
>
> If I manually input the NA array to WinBugs, I could get it running.
> So my
> original data set has no problem with WinBugs.
> --

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT