[R] lattice splom: how to adjust space between tick marks and tick labels?

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Mon Dec 27 02:27:25 CET 2010

On 2010-12-26 08:26, Marius Hofert wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> thank you for your answer.
> As I wrote, I am looking for an option to control the *space* between the tick marks and the corresponding labels. I am happy with the *number* of tick marks and their default values. As far as I know, pscales can't control the space, so it is *not* what I am looking for.

Marius,
I think that you mean something like the following:

  U <- matrix(runif(300), ncol = 3)
  splom(U, par.settings = list(
                 axis.components = list(
                     left = list(pad1 = 3)
                 )
           )
  )

which will adjust the left axis; you'll have to add
right, top, bottom components to handle those as well.

Have a look at what trellis.par.get() produces and
check the axis.components section.

Peter Ehlers