[R] another superscript problem

T.D. Rudolph tylerdeanrudolph at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 00:40:04 CET 2010

I've exceeded the maximum time I am willing to accept for solving simple
problems so I thank all in advance for your assistance.

I am trying to plot text combined with an object value and a superscript.

obv = 5
text = "Population mean ="
ss = ^o # degrees

Something like this (very naive so you get the idea):
expression(text, obv, ss)

paste(text, obv) # works ...but of course I either lose the value of obv or
the superscript in the translation using expression, and bquote doesn't seem
to accept the asterisk before the first element.

I am a little bungled by the varying syntax used for bquote and all the
rest; sometimes R seems more complicated than it needs to be for a
relatively simple problem (and for me this is one of those cases!)...

Tyler