[R] please Help me on a repeated measures anova

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 16:11:26 CET 2010

On Dec 30, 2010, at 5:38 AM, soileil wrote:

> So far I've done this:
>

>> tableau = read.table("Classeur1.txt", h=T)
>> tableau
>    Temps.s. Modalite  AchE
> 1         15       ER   0,1

snipped data
> 103      120   SED+ED  0,19
> 104      120   SED+ED 0,172
>> attach (tableau)
>

>> tableau <- lm (AchE ~ Temps.s. * Modalite, random = ~ 1 | individu)
> Erreur dans storage.mode(y) <- "double" :
>  la modification du mode de stockage

Even without an English translation, it seems very likely that the
AchE variable is not of numeric class,  but rather a factor. You may
want to redo your data input step with a setting for the decimal
separator set properly for the conventions of your locale settings.
See help(read.table)

You may also want to look at the settings for locale if you will
typically be using "," as a decimal separator.

?options
?locales

> d'un objet 'factor' n'est pas
> autorisée
> De plus : Messages d'avis :
> 1: In model.response(mf, "numeric") :
>  l'utilisation de type="numeric" avec une réponse de type facteur sera
> ignorée
> 2: In lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
>  les arguments surnuméraires random sont ignorés.
>
> What is my mistake?
> --

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT