[R] unexpected input in rpart

maysher maysher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:10:33 CET 2010

Hi all, I'm a newbee using R. I need to do a classification tree using the
rpart package. Basically I have a set of birds of known sex and several
morphological measurements and we want to predict the sex using the
morphology. I read my csv file and it shows up in R no problem, looks fine
but when I execute the following rpart command

hawkadults_rpart<-rpart(Sex∼Footpad+Mean_2ndlength+Bill_length+Tarsus_reg+Mass+Wing_chord,method="class",data=hawkadultsDF)

I get the message Error: unexpected input in "hawkadults_rpart<-rpart(Sex‚"

I feel like as a newbee I'm missing something rather obvious. Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks