[R] Odp: how to generate data set with different length and calculate the mean?

aegea gcheer3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:15:20 CET 2010

Petr,
Thanks for your suggestions. It makes sense, since I don't know how to make
a matrix with different length of rows.
I have a concern for this problem. I actually deal with a much bigger
dataset e.g. 1000, and each dataset needs to change the number of data in it
according a vector which has 1000 corresponding  different values. It will
be hard to deal with data one by one. Is there a way I can do them together?
Sorry for not making it clear.

I am thinking I have to use 'for loop' to get a list of vectors. But I am
not sure how to do it efficiently? Thanks again.