[R] Missing names in LMER and GLM

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Feb 1 21:48:11 CET 2010

If your factor is something like classes then do

> levels(classes)

And whichever level is first is the default baseline.  To change the base line you want to change the factor.  You can do this using the factor function or the relevel or reorder functions (just be sure to save the result, they don't change things in place).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center