[R] Recommendations on nonparametric statistical inference textbooks

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:20:49 CET 2010

Could somebody recommend some good nonparametric statistical inference
textbooks for a beginner? And what are pros and cons of each book?

Nonparametric statistical methods by Hollander seems to be more
difficult for a beginner, but is great as a reference, right? Are
there any books that are easier to learn than Hollander's?

Also, I see some books in the wiki page. I don't find the reviews for
"Nonparametric Statistical Inference" by Gibbons et. al. on Amazon. If
you happen to have read this book, would you please to share your
comments with me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-parametric_statistics