[R] lme4 package and gamma family

cristina cristinaaponte at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 04:49:58 CET 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use the lmer function from the lme4 package I have installed
today (lme4_0.999375-32.zip; R-2.10.1). According to the information, I
should be able to use a generalized linear mixed model.
However when I try to fit a model with Gamma distribution of the errors, it
gives me the following error

model1<-lmer(Cmic~1+(1|FOREST/DEPTH),data=DATOS,family=Gamma)
Error en mer_finalize(ans) :
  General form of glmer_linkinv not yet written

The same occurs with the function glmer, although I have seen in the forum
that other people has been able to implement this type of models.

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Thanks!
Cristina

IRNAS-CSIC