[R] Plot - specification for grid of x axis

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Feb 2 17:28:53 CET 2010

When you create your plot us the argument xaxt='n'.  That will suppress the default axis labels and tick marks.  Then use the axis function which lets you specify exactly where you want the tick marks and exactly what you want the labels to be.  You can also specify tck=1 as an argument if you want grid lines (see ?par for details).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center