[R] selecting a group of points from a scatterplot?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 16:43:42 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

is there a way/package in R that would allow me to select a group of
points from a scatterplot by drawing a circle around them or some such?

I can use 'identify' to pick individual points, but that gets tedious
if one has more than 10-20 spots.
I can easily select spots within a rectangle defined by picking points
using identify... but a simple rectangle sometimes will force me to
pick points that I want to leave out.

Many graph plotting programs allow you to pick a group of points
directly from the graph by circling them with teh mouse cursor. Is
that soemthing that I can do in R?

Thanks!

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374
NEW EMAIL from July'09: nach.mcnach at gmail.com