[R] pickle in R

Gábor Csárdi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Thu Feb 4 00:39:08 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Frank E Harrell Jr
<f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Gábor Csárdi wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you are looking for ?serialize.
>>
>> Best,
>> Gábor
>
> Wouldn't save( ) and load( ) be faster and result in much smaller files?

Depends, functionality is not the same, I think. 'serialize' can
simply return the serialized form of an object, 'save' works best with
files. (With some extra work it should work on general connections I
suppose.) 'save' can handle many objects, serialize works with a
single object. I'm sure there are other differences.

Gabor

--
Gabor Csardi <Gabor.Csardi at unil.ch>     UNIL DGM