[R] problems with SPC charts in R

vikrant vikrant.shimpi at tcs.com
Thu Feb 4 07:26:19 CET 2010

Hi all,
 I am using SPC  techniques of plotting Xbar, R, S, P and C charts in R.For
this I am using qcc package in R and also using the following document for
reference.
http://www.stat.unipg.it/~luca/Rnews_2004-1-pag11-17.pdf
But while plotting S chart, R chartchart and also C chart I am getting
following errors.

 I have plotted the Xbar chart successfully using following command
obj <- qcc(a[,],type="Xbar")
But when I use the same command to plot the R chart and S chart jus by
replacing the type="Xbar" by type="R" and Type="R" ,I am getting folloiwing
error

Error in limits.R(center = NA_real_, std.dev = NA_real_, sizes = c(1000L,  :
  group size must be less than 51 when giving nsigmas
In addition: Warning message:
In sum(sizes * statistics) : Integer overflow - use sum(as.numeric(.))
obj<-qcc(D[trial],sizes=size[trial],type="p")

Similarly I am able to plot P chart for defective dataset  successfully
using following command
y<-read.table("Defect_data_2008.csv",sep=",",header=TRUE)
attach(y)
obj<-qcc(D[trial],sizes=size[trial],type="c")

But while plotting C chart I am getitng following error
Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large

Could u please help me  in solving these error.
Thanks in advance.