[R] mgcv problem to load

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Thu Feb 4 14:40:09 CET 2010

Looks like a problem with your .Random.seed, doesn't it?
I have no idea how that got to be of type 'list', but I
guess that either you or some package has fiddled with it.

Have you quit R and restarted R during the time that you've
had these problems? If so, there might be some funny thing
in your startup.

Anyway, try deleting .Random.seed and re-creating it:

rm(.Random.seed)
runif(1)

  -Peter Ehlers

Rosa Manrique wrote:
> Dear friends,
> I cannot load the pachkages labdsv...which i do not understand is linked to 'mgcv' package. Anyway neither the last is loadable in my new R 2.10 version. Th emessage on the screen is the following:
>
> This is mgcv 1.6-1. For overview type `help("mgcv-package")'.
> Error in runif(1) :
>   .Random.seed is not an integer vector but of type 'list'
> Error : .onAttach non riuscito in attachNamespace
> Errore: pacchetto 'mgcv' non caricato
>
> Please I appreciate very much your help
> Rosa.
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]