[R] List of object properties

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Feb 4 18:40:33 CET 2010

Others mentioned the str function which gives the full structure of the object and lots of information.  If you just want the names of the top level elements then the names function is a little quicker and less cluttered (but does not give all the detail that str does).  For large and/or complex objects you may want to look at the TkListView function in the TeachingDemos package.  It gives the same information as str, but allows you to collapse or expand the branches of interest.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org