[R] Reading large files

satishv SATISH.VADLAMANI at fritolay.com
Fri Feb 5 02:39:25 CET 2010

Folks:
Suppose I divide USA into 16 regions. My end goal is to run data mining /
analysis on each of these 16 regions. The data for each of these regions
(sales, forecast, etc.) will be in the range of 10-20 GB. At one time, I
will need to load say 15 GB into R and then do analysis.

Is this something other R users are doing? Or, is it better to switch to
SAS? Could you help me with any information on this? Thanks.
Satish