[R] Reg: Rgraphviz installation

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 5 15:44:10 CET 2010

On 02/05/2010 05:54 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 05/02/2010 8:13 AM, Deepak Manohar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you guide me to upload Rgraphviz library. I have installed
>> Graphviz 2..20.3.1 , even followed the instructions in Read me, but I
>> cannot load the package.
>>
>> There is a error message  "This application has failed to start
>> becaues libcdt-4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may
>> fix this problem", whenever we plan to load the package.
>>

> Rgraphviz is a Bioconductor package, so you'll likely get more
> experienced responses asking on the Bioconductor list.  You might also
> want to contact the maintainer, Kasper Hansen <khansen at stat.berkeley.edu>.
> But for what it's worth, it worked for me when I followed the
> instructions sometime last year.  I haven't tried installing it lately.

Hi Deepak,

Likely your PATH variable is set incorrectly. From within R you should
be able to do something like

> ## which element is supposed to point to Graphviz?
> strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), ";")
$PATH
[12] "c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\100\\DTS\\Binn\\"
[13] "C:\\Program Files\\Graphviz2.20\\bin"
[14] "C:\\Program Files\\SAS\\SharedFiles\\Formats"
> ## does it point to the right place?
> list.files(strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), ";")[[1]][13])
[29] "lefty.exe"                      "libcairo-2.dll"
[31] "libcdt-4.dll"                   "libcgraph-4.dll"
[33] "libexpat.dll"                   "libfontconfig-1.dll"

Please follow up on the Bioconductor mailing list.

  http://bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.htmlst

Martin