[R] using a variable name stored in another variable?

Chris Seidel seidel at phaget4.org
Mon Feb 8 00:05:06 CET 2010

Hi Charlie,

get() will return the contents (value) of a variable. But what I want is
to save the named object. Something like save(get(myobjectname), ...)
doesn't work.

In the environment, is that object of interest, and a variable which
holds the name of the object of interest. If you don't know the name of
the object, but only the variable which contains it's name, how do you
use that information to save the object?

-Chris