[R] transparent concentric circles

Karin Lagesen karinl at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Feb 9 15:20:08 CET 2010

I have a data set which I would like to plot as a set of concentric
circles. The data represent a count of the number of characteristics
shared by various elements - an example would look like this:

1 100
2 75
3 50
4 25

I.e. all four sets share 25 characteristics, three of them share 50
characteristics, and so on.

I would like to plot these as concentric circles, with the circle size
preferentially being proportional to the size of the number of elements
(this is not a must, however). I would also like the colors of the circles
to become stronger/deeper as we progress to the innermost circle (which
would be the one containing the number of characteristics shared by all
four).

Can somebody point me to what I can use to do this?

Thanks!

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD