[R] Installation require proxy settings (continued)

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Feb 9 21:04:25 CET 2010

Timing can be an issue.  You need to set the environment variables before accessing the internet for the 1st time in each R session.  If you get the error, then try setting the variables, it will not work.

For my situation I have http_proxy and http_proxy_user set for the entire computer (in windows you do this through the control panel).

If you want to go with the .Renviron route, just type: Sys.getenv('home')
At the command prompt and it will tell you what your "Home" folder is.  Just create the .Renviron file in that folder.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org