[R] Error on start R in server

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 9 21:56:34 CET 2010

On 02/08/2010 11:05 PM, Jiiindo wrote:

> Thanks for your answer,
> I can run it with an application Java normal. In my web-application, when i
> need, i start R et calling R function (new REvaluator).eval("1+1") to
> calcule an expression "1+1"example.
> And output of your code:

> Load the Java VM with .JavaInit()
> R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)
> i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
>  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
>  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
>  [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
>  [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
>  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
> [11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] SJava_0.72.0

Hi -- In your original email

Warning: stack imbalance in 'if', 153 then 154
Warning: stack imbalance in '{', 151 then 152

this is definitely coming from R.

If it does not occur in a normal Java application that uses SJava, but
does occur in the web application that uses SJava, then the web
application is configured differently from the normal application.

The web application might be accessing a different version of R or
SJava, or it might have the wrong java.library.path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or CLASSPATH.

The way you started the embedded R in the SJava web application (with
the --no-save) means that any .RData or other R startup file, including
those in the web application 'home' directory, will be loaded when R starts.

I hope this provides some help; if it works out of the web app, but not
in it, then it is a web app configuration issue.

Martin
--
Martin Morgan
1100 Fairview Ave. N.