[R] Readjusting the OUTPUT csv file

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Feb 10 10:02:01 CET 2010

On 02/10/2010 06:02 PM, Amelia Livington wrote:
> Dear R helpers
>
> I have some variables say ABC, DEF, PQR, LMN and XYZ. I am choosing any three varaibles at random at a time for my analysis and name these files as input1.csv, input2.csv and input3.csv. So if I choose variables say ABC, DEF and PQR, I am passing the specifications of these variables to input1.csv, input2.csv and input3.csv respectively.
>
> This means in another case even if I choose say LMN, DEF and XYZ in this order, then my input1.csv will have details of LMN, input2.csv will have detaisl of DEF and input3.csv will have details of XYZ. Thus, I am keeping the (input) file names constant but the contents of each of these input files may change from one case to another case.
>
> As an example, my input files are as given below.

Hi Amelia,

I think you have just won the Posting Guide Medal of Honor for a message
containing such a detailed description of the problem. I also think that
what you need is:

names(name1)[1]

where you want the name of the variable in the file "input1.csv" that is
read into the object named "name1". If this sounds confusing, read in
the file as in your excellent example and then execute the above command.

Jim