[R] Installing the glmnet package.

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Wed Feb 10 21:46:00 CET 2010

Hello,

R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20) on a linux-64-bit machine.

I am trying to install the "glmnet" package and I get the following error:

> install.packages(pkgs = "glmnet")
trying URL
'http://cran.parentinginformed.com/src/contrib/glmnet_1.1-5.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 65521 bytes (63 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 63 Kb

* Installing *source* package 'glmnet' ...
 This package has only been tested with gfortran.
 So some checks are needed.
 R_HOME is /usr/lib64/R
Attempting to determine R_ARCH...
R_ARCH is
Attempting to detect how R was configured for Fortran 90....
    Unsupported Fortran 90 compiler or Fortran 90
    compilers unavailable! Stop!
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'glmnet'
** Removing '/usr/lib64/R/library/glmnet'

it says it had only been tested with the "gfortran" compiler, but this
compiler is on the machine I am using, it is in "/usr/bin/".  If this is
the problem is there a way to specify to "install.package" where to look
for the compiler?  If this is not the problem does anyone knows what the
problem could be?

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez
reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication ( and/or the attachments ) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake
please destroy all copies.

Faites bonne impression et imprimez seulement au besoin !
Think green before you print !