[R] R Group on LinkedIn has new book discounts

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Feb 12 04:38:31 CET 2010

On 02/12/2010 07:31 AM, Prof. John C Nash wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced frustration with the LinkedIn site. It's
> been spamming me since I tried to join, and I seem to see R postings,
> but I've never been able to "confirm" my email address i.e., it never
> sent me THAT email. So I can never get past the login screen to see more
> than the subject headings.
>
> There's been several postings there I might like to respond to and help
> folk, but .... And I might want to enjoy a book discount.

Even though I apparently signed up some time ago (didn't want to, but it
was my sister, you see), I have not been able to log in to LinkedIn as
the login page just hangs upon submission. I also receive "invitations"
from "friends" that do not seem to have been initiated by those
"friends", some of whom I do not even know.

Jim